Social Distancing and Mental Health
In these times of social distancing, the days may seem to be merging into one. Staying at home for long periods of time can be challenging, especially for our mental health.
Here are a few tips of things that may help to get through each day:
- Virtual Coffee Date – Make yourself a coffee and catch up with your best friend or grandparent over FaceTime.
- Bake something from scratch – Provided you can find the ingredients, treat yourself to something delicious.
- Start watching a new Netflix series– There are some great recommendations here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kojZtbOm1zo
- Learn a new skill – Ever wanted to learn a language or play an instrument? Now’s the time to try something new.
- Try some yoga or a home workouts – There are some great online programs that you can download for free.
- Get fresh air – Go for a walk or sit out in the garden – It’s good for the soul!
- Get stuck into a new book – Make a list of books you want to read and dedicate some time to getting through your list
Remember to reach out to loved ones in this time of need and also check in with yourself – It’s OK to ask for help.
- Lifeline Australia: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 80
- Emergency: 000
- Confidential Helpline: 1800 737 732
- Mensline: 1300 78 99 78
- Relationships Australia: 1300 364 277